Thi Thao Nguyen
Thi Thao Nguyen
Hydrodynamik und DatenassimilationDoktorandin
Tel: +49 (0) 4152 87-1884
• Wind-induced waves and nearshore wave transformation
• Coupled ocean – wave model
• Coastal extremes
- CliCCS Excellence Cluster Climate, Climatic Change, and Society
• 12.2019 – present: PhD student at Hamburg Univerisity; working at Dept. of Hydrodynamics and Data Assimilation, Helmholtz – Zentrum, Geesthacht, Germany.
• 2009 – 2019: Researcher, Institute of Mechanics, Hanoi, Vietnam
• 2017: M.Sc. in Engineering Mechanics, VNU University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam
Title of graduation thesis: "Caculating wave asymmetry parameters in the nearshore"
• 2008: B.Sc. in Mathematics and Mechanics, VNU Hanoi University of Science, Vietnam
• CLICCS, A6 – Earth system variability and predictability in a changing climate (Hereon)
• Modelling beach morphological evolution due to waves and currents (Nafosted, Vietnam, 2015-2019)
- Nam, P.T., Staneva, J., Thao, N.T., & Larson, M. (2020): Improved Calculation of Nonlinear Near-Bed Wave Orbital Velocity in Shallow Water: Validation against Laboratory and Field Data. J. Mar. Sci. Eng. 2020, 8, 81
- Nam, P.T., Thao, N.T., Dien, D.C. (2017). Simulation of beach morphological change due to waves and wave-induced currents in shallow water of the Thuan An beach. Journal of Marine Science and Technology 4A (T.17), 33-44.
- Nam, P.T., Staneva, J., Larson, M., Camenen, B., Thao, N.T. (2019). Modeling fine-grained sediment transport due to velocity skewness and asymmetry. Cohesive Sediment Transport (INTERCOH2019), 13-17 October, 2019, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Nam, P.T., Staneva, J., Thao, N.T., Larson, M., Hoan, L. (2019). Modelling nonlinear near-bed orbital velocity in the shallow water. Coastal Structures 2019, Hannover, Germany.