Inorganic Environmental ChemistryScientist
Phone: +49 (0)4152 87-2178
Fax: +49 (0)4152 87-1875
In the course of my PhD project I am investigating potential inorganic emissions from offshore wind farms into the marine environment. The work is in particular focused on the investigation of potential emissions from galvanic anodes (“sacrificial anodes”) used for corrosion protection of such offshore structures. The goal of the project is (1) to identify tracers for these specific emissions, (2) to analyze marine samples for these tracers and finally (3) to assess the potential impact of offshore wind farms in respect to inorganic emissions. Therefore, I develop methods for the quantification of new trace(r) metals in different sample matrices (seawater, sediment, biota) and apply them to samples from in and around offshore wind farms, which have been obtained during different sampling cruises.
My research interests in the field of environmental and analytical chemistry cover the following areas:
- Trace metal analysis
- Analysis of non-traditional stable isotopes
- Seawater analysis
- Emerging inorganic contaminants
- Application of metrological tools
The PhD project is integrated in the Hereon-BSH OffChEm project
- Since 2017 PhD student at Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon affiliated with Universität Hamburg
- 2016 – 2017 Masterthesis at Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon
- 2014 – 2017 Masterprogram: Chemistry (MSc), Universität Hamburg
- 2014 – 2015 Masterprogram: Chemistry, Syddansk Universitet, Odense, Denmark (two semesters)
- 2010 – 2013 Bachelorprogram: Chemistry (BSc), Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
- 2006 – 2010 Apprenticeship: Chemical technical assistant (CTA), Double qualifying apprenticeship additional to Abitur, Gymnasium Altona/Gewerbeschule G13
Assistant for the lab course “Water Chemistry and Analysis” at FH Lübeck (summer semesters 2017 and 2018)
- ArticleOccurrence and Temporal Variation of Technology-Critical Elements in North Sea Sediments - A Determination of Preliminary Reference ValuesKlein, O.; Zimmermann, T.; Ebeling, A.; Kruse, M.; Kirchgeorg, T.; Pröfrock, D. (2022)
In: Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, Vol. 82, 4, 481 - 492.
- ArticleAnalysis of Seventeen Certified Water Reference Materials for Trace and Technology-Critical ElementsEbeling, A.; Zimmermann, T.; Klein, O.; Irrgeher, J.; Pröfrock, D. (2022)
In: Geostandards and Geoanalytical Research, Vol. 46, 2, 351 - 378.
- ArticleAssessing the chemical anthropocene – Development of the legacy pollution fingerprint in the North Sea during the last centuryLogemann, A.; Reininghaus, M.; Schmidt, M.; Ebeling, A.; Zimmermann, T.; Wolschke, H.; Friedrich, J.; Brockmeyer, B.; Pröfrock, D.; Witt, G. (2022)
In: Environmental Pollution, Vol. 302, 119040.