Dr. Ankita Ravi Vaswani
• Fitness-conferring traits of plankton in realation to carbon fluxes and biodiversity
• Combining machine learning tools to extract trait-relevant image features from large-scale datasets
• Analysis of year-round data collected by an underwater observatory at Helgoland
- Ankita Ravi Vaswani, Beatrice Weykopf, Cathleen Hagemann, Hans-Ulrich Fried, Oliver Brüstle, Sandra Blaess (2019) Correct setup of the substantia nigra requires Reelin-mediated fast, laterally-directed migration of dopaminergic neurons eLife 8:e41623, doi:10.7554/eLife.41623
- Vaswani AR and Blaess S (2016) Reelin Signaling in the Migration of Ventral Brain Stem and Spinal Cord Neurons. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience 10:62, doi:10.3389/fncel.2016.00062
- Kabanova, A., Pabst, M., Lorkowski, M. et al. Function and developmental origin of a mesocortical inhibitory circuit. Nature Neuroscience 18, 872–882 (2015). doi:10.1038/nn.4020
Jan 2020 - PhD at University of Bonn. Dissertation: "The function of Reelin signaling in the Tangential Migration of Dopaminergic Neurons."
Apr 2012 - Master of Science (with honors) at Birla Institut of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan, India. Titel: "Characterization of Neuronal Degeneration in a Mouse Parksinsons Disease Model."
since Aug 2022 - Post-doctoral researcher at Helmholtz Center Hereon, Geesthacht, Germany
Oct 2013 to Jan 2020 - Researcher and PhD-candidate at the Institut for Reconstructive Neurobiology, University of Bonn, Germany
Jul 2012 to May 2013 Project assistent at the Department of Neurobiology, National Center of Biological Sciences, Bangalore, India
Honors and Awards
2022 - NFDI4Earth incubator project New Framework for Analysis of Aquatic Ecosystems
2015 - Graduate Student Support BONFOR, University of Bonn
2013 - PhD-fellowship, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)