Which documents you need depends on your personal situation and the purpose of your stay. Below we have compiled an overview of the most frequently requested documents. Please find out in advance whether further documents may be required. This list does not claim to be complete.
- Valid passport and identity card for all travelers
- Visa with work or study permit, if required
- Proof of sufficient health insurance (European Health Insurance Card, if applicable)
- Biometric passport photos for various ID cards and documents
- Proof of your financial situation (scholarship/salary from your home country/current employment contract)
- invitation letter or hosting agreement from your host institute / supervisor, if applicable
- Certified copies of your academic degrees
- Certificate of enrollment, if available
- Birth certificates of all travelers (certified and translated into German)
- Marriage / divorce certificate, if available (certified and translated into German)
- (International) vaccination certificate
- Documents on diseases and medications, if available
- International driver's license (if desired)
As a general rule, all official documents must be certified copies that have been translated into German by certified translators. Documents require an apostille or legalisation depending on the country of issue.