Open Access — short instructions for authors
1. Please select the journal in which you wish to publish. The Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon encourages authors to take the “golden road” of publishing articles in open-access journals that are listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
2. Please submit an electronic publication application with the help of Lotus Notes.
3. If it is not feasible to take the golden road, you should use the SHERPA/ROMEO list to check whether the selected journal accepts a self-archived copy in an approach known as the “green road”. If necessary (e.g. when the journal only permits publication on a personal website), please attach the addendum to the author’s contract and notify Ms. Bierkarre (e-mail: karin.bierkarre@...) when the journal has accepted the addendum.
4. If the article was accepted for publication and you are permitted to take the “green road”, please click on the “Accepted” button in the electronic application. In the subsequent window, you should then attach a PDF file of your final draft to the application. If you do not have a document that is suitable for publication, please contact Gisbert Breitbach (e-mail: gisbert.breitbach@...).
5. Ms. Bierkarre at TIB will take care of the rest (e-mail: karin.bierkarre@...)
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) SHERPA/ROMEO Addendum