Technical Scientific Council
The technical scientific council serves as the main body for maintaining contact with organizations outside Hereon, including universities, industrial companies and other research institutions. The council therefore includes as members several experts from each field of work. The task of the coucil is to advise Hereon and the supervisory board on all scientific matters.
In particular, this includes regular consultations concerning the long-term research and development programs, discussion of the reports on results and advice regarding the planning and execution of the work at Hereon. The supervisory board can assign other consultative responsibilities to the council in individual cases. Council members are appointed by the supervisory board and serve terms of four years.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang A. Wall (Chairman), Lehrstuhl für Numerische Mechanik, Technische Universität München
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Ulbrich (Deputy Chairman), Institut für Meteorologie, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Ralph Schneider, Institut für Geowissenschaften, CAU Kiel
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Sebastian Wolf, Universitätsklinik für Augenheilkunde, Inselspital, Bern
- Dr. Claudio Dalle Donne, Airbus Operations GmbH, Bremen
- Prof. Dr. Walter Caseri, ETH Zürich, Laboratory for Multifunctional Materials
- Michael Scherf, GETEMED Medizin- und Informationstechnik AG, Teltow