What is Important to Us
Our success is the result of the productive work of each and every one of the centre’s employees! This is what enables us to contribute to the clarification of major and pressing issues facing society, science, and industry.
And that is why we do a great deal to ensure that all employees feel equally comfortable with us:
Our employees come from 57 different nations and therefore ensure an exciting international working environment.
Each and every individual is an important and equal member of the centre. This diversity, mutual esteem, and respect make us special and this is something we are proud of.
There are many opportunities to meet and network with each other:
- staff parties
- ”Tag der Forschung” – Day of Research
- seminars and professional development
- canteen at our Geesthacht campus
- sporting events and activities
- car sharing
The centre supports the potential of all employees equally in achieving their ambitious goals.
Attracting and retaining talent of all genders, ages, and professions is becoming increasingly important. Among other things, we are seeking to increase the proportion of women at all career levels, especially in management positions.
To achieve our goals, our equality strategy consists of three pillars:
- 1 Implementation of personnel development measures aimed at attracting women to the topics handled at the research centre
- 2 Optimisation of the framework conditions to ensure the compatibility of work and family
- 3 Establishing equality as a fundamental management principle
We will be happy to provide you with information on the topic of equal opportunities:
- Equal Opportunities Officer
Equality Plan 2022 - 2026
We can provide a signed copy if required. Download of the Gender Equality Plan (892 KB)
As a partner of the elected representative for severely disabled persons, the Hereon Equal Opportunities Officer is the contact person when it comes to the best possible working conditions for severely disabled persons or those seeking equal opportunities at Hereon.