Postdoc / Textile Engineer for a transfer project
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||25.05.2023|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||21.06.2023|
|Institut bzw. Bereich||InsTitut für Aktive Polymere|
|Jetzt bewerben||Zum Bewerberportal|
|Bewerbermanagement||Frau Erika Krüger|
Memorthotic is a transfer project that strives for a new concept of textiles for individualized medical garments. Memorthotic is funded by Helmholtz Impuls- und Vernetzungsfonds. It is a collaborative project with the Institute of Textile Technology at RWTH Aachen University. Within the acquired grant, the project is aimed at development of shape-memory textiles for applications in medical garments. The main objective of the project is to transfer shape-memory properties of polymers to textiles. You will be focusing on the manufacturing of the textiles, while being supported by other members of the project team in fiber and yarn production, as well as sample analysis.
You will be part of a young and growing team supported by the Innovation and Transfer Office. Besides research and development work, you will be involved into seminars and workshops developing your technical and soft skills, as well as connected with important players in the industry, innovation scene, and academia.
To support out team, we are looking for a motivated and active Postdoc / Textile Engineer. The position is limited until 2025, 30th June.
Equal opportunity is an important part of our personnel policy. We would therefore strongly encourage qualified women to apply for the position. In principle, the position is also sharable.
- development of manufacturing processes for knitted medical garments
- adaptation of functional polymeric yarns, e.g. conductive yarns, shape-memory polymers etc., to circular and flat knitting
- optimisation of yarn covering process
- testing of manufactured yarns, textiles, and garments
- design of the research approach and temporal planning
- ensuring cross-institutional and interdisciplinary collaboration
- quality assurance
- attending conferences, meets, and trade fairs
- Master’s degree in Textile Engineering (preferably PhD) or comparable. Relevant industrial experience is beneficial
- experience in textile research and development (R&D), as well as have knowledge of circular knitting is necessary
- experience with knitting and adapting functional yarns to the knitting process is preferable
- strong problem-solving and analytical, as well as communication skills
- excellent knowlegde of English or / and German
We offer you
- an exciting and varied job in a research centre with more than 1,100 employees from around 50 nations
- a well connected research campus and best networking opportunities
- individual opportunities for further training
- social benefits according to the collective agreement of the public service and remuneration
- an excellent technical infrastructure and modern workplace equipment
- 6 weeks holiday per year and company holidays between Christmas and New Year's Day
- very good compatibility private and professional life through offers of mobile and flexible work
- family-friendly company policy with childcare facilities, e. g. nursery close to the company e.g. parent-child room
- free assistance program for employees (EAP)
- Corporate Benefits
Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (cover letter, CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) indicating the reference number code no. 2023/PL 1 until 21.06.2023.