Assistance to the Junior Research Group Lead
|Start of announcement||10.03.2023|
|End of announcement||11.04.2023|
|Institute or department||Gerics - Climate Service Center|
|Apply now||Go to applicant portal|
|Applicant management||Frau Erika Krüger|
The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a scientific organisational entity of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon, invites applications for a citizen science platform support in the BMBF Junior Research Group on “Co-creating Climate Services for Care Economy and Caring Society” (CoCareSociety), in the frame of the BMBF FONA Junior Research Groups on Global Change: Climate, Environment and Health.
GERICS develops science-based prototype products and services in support to government, administration and business in their efforts to adapt to climate change. It builds up a national and international network structure in order to integrate existing competences and knowledge, and to link various actors within the complex area of climate change.
The goal of the CoCareSociety project is to understand the interrelations between climate change, long-term care and health and well-being of the elderly, and their energy efficiency in the living environment and how changes can be induced in the interconnected systems to maximise health-climate-energy nexus outcomes for co-creating a friendly, climate-resilient, affordable, environmental society for the elderly.
This administrative and platform support position will support the BMBF Junior Research Group Leader on administrative process of the CoCareSociety project and co-developing and maintaining the citizen science platform.
Equal opportunity is an important part of our personnel policy. This is a part-time position of 23.4 hours per week, and limited for two years.
- support the BMBF Junior Research Group Leader on organisational tasks (e.g. organising project meetings and stakeholder workshops, arranging international travels for the team members and international partners, project reporting etc.)
- co-develop and support the management and maintenance of the citizen science platform to be developed in the project (including the administrative steps of setting up the platform)
- carry out the necessary reviews concerning institutional review board (IRB) on research ethics for health and energy data
- work in close collaboration with and health experts from partners from Germany, Japan, UK, Senegal, Taiwan, Uganda, USA
Content-related inquiries regarding this position can be directed to
- Bachelor degree in interdisciplinary disciplines, such as design, cultural and language studies, business management, or open to any related discipline
- experience in organising events (online, hybrid, and in-person formats)
- knowledge or willingness to learn citizen science, digital solutions, platforms etc.
- excellent fluency in English and German in writing and speaking, and ideally knowledge of other languages from the case study countries (Germany, Japan, UK, Senegal, Taiwan, Uganda, USA), but not a must
- interests in interaction with societal stakeholders, teamwork in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- a quick learner and can carry out both independently and team work
We offer you
- an exciting and varied job in a research centre with more than 1,100 employees from around 50 nations
- a well connected research campus and best networking opportunities
- individual opportunities for further training
- social benefits according to the collective agreement of the public service and remuneration
- an excellent technical infrastructure and modern workplace equipment
- 6 weeks holiday per year and company holidays between Christmas and New Year's Day
- very good compatibility private and professional life through offers of mobile and flexible work
- free assistance program for employees (EAP)
- corporate Benefits
Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (cover letter, CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) indicating the reference number code no. 2023/KG 4 until 11th April, 2023.