PhD position Additive Manufacturing of Mg
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||04.05.2022|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||06.06.2022|
|Institut bzw. Bereich||Institut für Metallische Biomaterialien|
|Jetzt bewerben||Zum Bewerberportal|
|Bewerbermanagement||Frau Erika Krüger|
The Institute of Metallic Biomaterials develops novel medical implants, including materials and processing. The focus is on degradable implants based on magnesium alloys. At Hereon we are well experienced with the processing of magnesium alloy powders using different technologies based on sintering.
In the frame of a third-party-funded research project, we are looking for a PhD student for the development of novel additive manufacturing technologies based on our previous work for fabrication of these degradable Mg-based implants.
The project aims to show that these novel technologies are suitable for industrial application. In addition to the knowledge-based optimization of mechanical properties, the focus is on controlling the degradation properties of additively manufactured sintered structures. For a successful project outcome, we need you as a creative and responsible central person in a team of scientists and engineers. There will be a close cooperation with project partners from research institutions and industry. The project duration is 3 years.
Equality of opportunity is an important part of our personnel policy. We would therefore strongly encourage qualified women to apply for the position.
- building a high and detailed practical and theoretical expertise on sintering magnesium alloy powders
- fabrication of different test specimens and implant prototypes, including quality management and reproducibility control
- materials characterization such as determination of microstructure by various microscopy techniques and mechanical tests
- implementation and scientific evaluation of degradation tests under physiological conditions
- scientific evaluation of all experimental data and explanation of determined dependencies between material, processing and properties
- complete documentation of your work and its results according to scientific standards
- presentation of results at project meetings, workshops and international scientific conferences
- Master’s degree in Materials Science, Physics, Medical Engineering or other relevant disciplines
- good fundamental knowledge in materials science of metals
- experience in practical work with machines and in sample preparation
- experience in microscopy (not mandatory)
- experience in handling metal powders (not mandatory)
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary and international team
- fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory
We offer you
- multinational work environment with ca. 1,100 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
- free employee advice – Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- childcare offers
- Welcome Office, guest accommodation
- canteen at the Geesthacht location
Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (cover letter, CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) indicating the reference number 2022/MB 4.