Research Scientist Biomedical engineering of polymer based cardiovascular devices
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||17.05.2021|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||14.06.2021|
|Institut bzw. Bereich||Institut für Aktive Polymere|
|Jetzt bewerben||Zum Bewerberportal|
Our Institute of Active Polymers in Teltow near Berlin is searching for a Research Scientist Biomedical engineering of polymer based cardiovascular devices.
This is initially a 2-year fixed term contract (full time preferred).
The advancement of equality at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon is matter of course for us; in particular, we are striving to increase the percentage of women in the science sector.
As a Research Scientist for Biomedical Engineering in an interdisciplinary project team in close cooperation with Clinical Scientists from the Department of Cardiology, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, you will be responsible for
- digital design of medical devices from a product perspective, based on analysis of clinical imaging data and in consideration of the relevant IP landscape
- design of fabrication schemes for devices
- prototyping especially by 3D-printing
- selection or design of proper instrumentation for project tasks
- analytical characterization of starting materials and products including mechanical testing, analysis of polymer structure, integrity and further material characteristics including impurities; planning and set-up of new methodologies
- training and supervision of the technical staff
- successfully completed engineering degree (master level, university/university of applied science) in engineering, e.g. biomedical engineering, polymer processing technologies
- track record of experience in research and development in industry or PhD in the field of this call; hands-on skills in set-up and handling of instruments, digital design and fabrication of devices
- familiar with the quality and regulatory requirements for manufacturing and quality control of biomaterials/medical devices; work experience under a quality management system
- knowledge on clinical applications of medical devices
- strong organizational and communication skills
- fluent business language in English and/or German, with a working knowledge of the other; international applicants are expected to continuously work an German language skills
- high level of personal commitment and stress resilience
- experienced handling of MS Office, CAD software and simulation software
We offer you
- multinational work environment with ca. 1,100 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (cover letter, CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) indicating the reference