Electronics Engineers for Devices and Systems
What do we expect of you?
Secondary school-leaving certificate (Realschule)
How does the apprenticeship work?
Apprenticeship in a dual system that lasts 3 1/2 years. That means you work at the company and spend some of your time at vocational college. On completion of your apprenticeship, you will have earned your craft certificate (“Facharbeiterbrief”).
What will your tasks be during your apprenticeship?
The main skills you will learn are:
- to manufacture electrical and electronic devices and systems
- to draw up circuit documents, dimensional drawings, and terminal diagrams
- to set up electrical systems and to create software programmes according to plans
- to troubleshoot, maintain, and modify existing systems and equipment
- to measure and test electrical quantities
What you will learn during your apprenticeship
You will be trained, e. g.:
- to draw up circuit diagrams
- in safety standards, laws, and guidelines
- to wire machines and equipment
- to do manual and machine soldering
- to carry out circuit simulations
- to programme controllers and microprocessors
- You will spend several months of practical training in the training workshop and at the company’s test facilities